Are you stuck in the “messy middle” of freelancing? You’re not alone.
There are tons of online resources that teach folks how to start a freelancing or consulting practice. This is not one of them.
We’re focused on helping the people who have already made a serious commitment to earn an income by serving clients and operating under their own banner.
When you break it down into its components, getting started as a freelancer really isn’t that complicated:
- Learn a valuable skill that people are willing to pay for
- Find people who have the need and budget to hire you
- Complete the work that is assigned to you
- Collect payment for delivering the final product/results
- Do it all over again until you’re satisfied
It’s one of those things that’s simple, but not easy.
But if you stick with it for a few months, maybe even a year or more, you start to run into the really difficult situations…
- “Wait. I have to pay taxes? And I have to figure it out on my own?!”
- “My business is feast or famine. I’m either slammed or twiddling my thumbs.”
- “I’m making more than I did at my day job, but I’m working crazy hours to do it.”
- “I hate turning away good clients, but I can’t take on anymore work myself.”
- “How can I pay myself, invest back into the business, and still save for retirement?”
These are the issues that get less attention, because the answers to these questions are often nuanced. And, if we’re being honest, most of the existing resources just want to target high volume keywords, and these are not high volume search topics.
That’s why publishing blog posts isn’t enough. Launching a podcast isn’t enough. Sending out a weekly newsletter isn’t enough.
What experienced freelancers need is round-the-clock access to other people who “get it.” People who are just a step or two ahead in the process and can say, “I’ve been there. Let me tell you what (not) to do.”
So, that’s exactly what we’re building with Freelance Focus.
We want to be the web’s most valuable resource for experienced freelancers who want to come together to enjoy the training, coaching, and community support that’s needed to take your business from “good enough” to great.
Imagine a world where instead of constantly treading water, running away from deadlines, and putting out fires, you…
- Have a steady stream of high quality leads coming in from multiple sources
- Have a team of trustworthy people you can make referrals or subcontract to
- Earn an income that allows you to live the life you want without burning out
- Take time off whenever you want, without your business falling apart
- Stop trading time for money and get paid for your mind, not just your hands
- Have a plan that allows you to approach your work with clarity and calmness
- Have a support system to hold you accountable to your goals and aspirations
- Have a safe space to talk about work (or life) with other people who “get it”
Our only mission is to help at least 1,000 people create thriving, sustainable freelance businesses that allow them to make that list above a reality.
If that’s something you’re interested in, you should keep scrolling…
What's Included in Your Membership
You can get all of these perks by joining our community.
Our private, 24-hour chat community is full of experienced freelancers who are in it for the long haul. You can rely on them to provide expert advice.
Each week, you’ll receive insightful lessons on everything from financial planning to work-life balance. We tackle the hard stuff and the soft skills, because you need to have both.
Group training and coaching
At least 2x per month, we host community office hours that are dedicated to helping you be more effective as a business owner. This includes workshops, Q&As, and mastermind sessions.
Insights from industry experts
At least 1x per month, we bring an outside expert in to share their experience or teach you about their area of expertise. If you can’t make the session, we’ll send you the cliff notes.
Entertainment and accountability
There’s no use working hard if you can’t make time to play as well. Our members organize around shared interests like co-working, book clubs, and accountability challenges.
A seat at the table
As a member of the Freelance Focus community, you’ll have the ability to learn about and provide feedback on both our current operations and ideas for future activities.
What Our Members Say About Freelance Focus
Become a Member of Freelance Focus
NOTE: To maintain a high quality experience, ALL members are required to complete a 5-minute application to join the community. If your application is not approved for any reason, you will be refunded 100% of your purchase price.
Get exclusive bonuses and our best price every by becoming a Founder Member.
Only 27 spots left!
Founding Members must abide by our community guidelines. We reserve the right to cancel your membership without refund if you fail to follow the rules. Founding Members do not share equity in Freelance Focus, its community, or its products.